Today marks an exciting day for the SharePoint911 team as we have joined forces with Rackspace. I won’t spend too much time going into all those details because, hey, that’s what all the press releases are for
- Wall Street Journal’s Venture Capital Dispatch – http://blogs.wsj.com/venturecapital/2012/02/16/rackspace-buys-up-sharepoint911-to-gird-for-cloud-fight/
- Marketwatch – http://www.marketwatch.com/story/rackspace-acquires-sharepoint911-to-provide-industry-leading-sharepoint-expertise-2012-02-16
- Press release – http://www.rackspace.com/blog/newsarticles/rackspace-acquires-sharepoint911-to-provide-industry-leading-sharepoint-expertise/
- StreetInsider – http://www.streetinsider.com/Mergers+and+Acquisitions/Rackspace+(RAX)+Acquires+SharePoint+Consulting+Firm+SharePoint911/7186832.html
- Business Wire – http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20120216005434/en/Rackspace-Acquires-SharePoint911-Provide-Industry-Leading-SharePoint
- FAQ- http://www.sharepoint911.com/AboutSP911/Pages/About-Rackspace.aspx
But I did want to take a few minutes and chat about why I am excited to be a Racker! This partnership really brings us the opportunity to bring a Fanatical line of service to the SharePoint community that is bigger and better than what we currently do at SharePoint911 (although I think we are already awesome…we will now be more awesome)
The biggest question most people probably have is what happens now….and the answer is simple…the same! I am still going to be focused on the Business User and how they use SharePoint. The where isn’t really a concern to me! You can be hosted internally, at Rackspace or in Office 365 and I still want to help you get the most out of SharePoint! I want to see the business really take advantage of the out of the box features within SharePoint to build powerful everyday solutions. Over time, as the transition evolves you will start to see more and more around this concept. As new things are available I will be sure to post them to the blog so you know where to access the resources.
In order to be closer to the action, I will be joining the Rackspace team in San Antonio Texas in early April 2012. My time in Ohio has been wonderful, but I am very excited about my future in Texas! I have loved the time I have gotten to work with the local community here and I promise that I will be back to continue to be part! I am also looking forward very much to jumping in with both feet to the group in San Antonio!
I am so excited about what’s to come!